PDA

View Full Version : been to nz? sign in

1995RSLib
4th November 2007, 06:52 PM
hi guys, im planning a trip to new zeland, where should i go? some ppl say north island for relaxing and s island for adenture. so were has every1 been and where do you want to go. also this is around new years, so no sking i guess!

nick e[v]ans
4th November 2007, 07:35 PM
Queenstown. Can be relaxing as you want. Plenty of great pubs and restaraunts. A lot of 'adventure' style activities that leave from the town centre. Great place.

timmo
4th November 2007, 08:03 PM
The wife and i did the whole Sth island on our honeymoon and loved every minute of it.I don't have a bad word to say about the place or the people.

Franz Josef was awesome,Te Anau was awesome (we stayed there when visiting Milford Sound) and Queenstown was a top spot also.

Definitely making a return trip there soon.

RSLegacy90
5th November 2007, 02:20 PM
nice mate as stated above plenty to see/do.

if you come anywhere near Dunedin give me a yell and ill take you for a boost!

;)

Skippy
5th November 2007, 02:59 PM
We went north island and it was great. We just hired one of those campervans and did the drive around.

Skippy.

christuffa
5th November 2007, 03:15 PM
perfect thread, me and me lady friend will be there for 3 wks in march, was thinking 9 days north, 12 days south. Will be hiring out campervan. Have some accommodation in queenstown in a 5 star hotel (ooh yeh) and will be doin some stuff from there, will be great to hear what others think are worthwhile

SubbyRS
5th November 2007, 05:38 PM
I lived there for 31 years and saw most of the country in that time.....except for the Bay of Islands.....
There's so much to see and do, especially South Island, but if you could narrow your search criteria down it would help!
How long are you going for?
New Years: want somewhere quiet or rowdy? lots of Police or none?
Want some adventure stuff to do?
Keen on seeing vineyards?
Nightlife?
Hilton or backpackers?

KickRS in Tassie
5th November 2007, 09:13 PM
south=monster truck busses and the shotover jet (2xsupercharged holden v6's in a boat hehe), milford sound was nice too, cept all the bloody asians made it fell like hong kong, (no racisim intended btw). nice place tho, i havnt been north, hopin too get over there next year for some more snow

timmo
5th November 2007, 09:19 PM
If you head to Dunedin for a visit go see Larnach Castle......awesome view and some real history there.

Don't make the same mistake we did though and stay the night there!

Real spooky sh!t happens there man that we just couldn't explain,so we packed our stuff at about 2.00am and *****ed off.

Also recommend Hanmer Springs.....top spot for taking it easy.I really liked Christchurch though.......so much to do there.

As said above,Monster Trucks in Cardrona was a really cool thing to experience.Went in the bus and also got to drive "Taurus"

1995RSLib
5th November 2007, 10:47 PM
New Years: want somewhere quiet or rowdy? lots of Police or none? doesn't really bother me
Want some adventure stuff to do? yup, definately want some action. dont have much money but im sore me and the missus can sqeeze somthing in!
Keen on seeing vineyards? haha nup, more of a nightclub guy
Nightlife? big time
Hilton or backpackers? backpackers

i havent got much money and kinda doin it on teh cheap. looking at maybe 2 weeks around the north isalnd with ny in wellington. any idea of where to go/cheap places to looka t?

whats the car sene like over there? i heard thers lots of skylines? is there a subaru folowing at all?

magicsun
12th November 2007, 02:21 PM
whats the car sene like over there? i heard thers lots of skylines? is there a subaru folowing at all?

The car scene in NZ is huge, imports are as cheap as chips and the boyracing rate is higher than anywhere in the world there because of it. You will se soo many worked subis its not funny.