Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I don't think RS has much longer to live. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Billsy View Post
    Facebook sucks.
    Amen to that!

Cheers

Bennie

Getting there

SLEEPR is in the process of spending time and money doing up the RS, HE WILL POST UP PICTURES once his cleaned up the old girl.
    the RS runs well..
    1992 white RS Liberty
    522kw and 800nm all at the wheels
    STI DCCD spec 6 speed
    built by oversteer
    tuned by Sean

Well, I've been on the forum a few times over the last few weeks which I haven't done in a long time. I know the forum has always been specifically for the RS Lib, but could we possibly bring back some old and new members by evolving this forum to combine newer model subarus aswell? I'm sure plenty of original members are still involved with fixing and moding other subarus like myself... anyway its just a thought...

Getting there

my RS is still resting on the dyno bed,

the prick only managed 805nm and 670aw/hp, had ignition problems, hence we never pushed further,
    but a new ignition system is been sourced, so 700hp is on the cards,
    the 6466 905hp turbo has more left in it, it is still making power so more boost will be subscribe
    this motor is Justin built special, the 280 cams are working a treat
    Sean the tuner his very good on motec...
    I can see a trip to the drags and getting kicked out again, iam going to dress up Justin so no body will recognise him, may be a wig and dress!!!
    1992 white RS Liberty
    STI DCCD spec 6 speed
    built by oversteer
    tuned by Sean

n00b

Yes it is sad to see not much activity on RS LIBERTY... Sadly due to life and family circumstances my RS has been in storage a few years and is sad but that's life. I've finally been able to save some money and now looking at what exactly needs to be done to get the car back on the road.

My liberty is pretty stock really except for the 95 WRX engine and td05h.

It needs some TLC and will need to replace most of the bushes and rubbers under the car plus the clutch issue looks like I'll need to replace the slave and master as well, the RS is well overdue for some maintenance.

I miss driving it through the Adelaide hills I know I'll have to fork out some $$$ to get her back to roadworthy standard and safe.
    But it is an amazing car lots of fun; I was thinking about upgrading to a GC8 WRX but then I felt they are wayyy too common unlike the RS.

Stay with your RS for sure.
    What's an "RX" if you dont have a "W"! HeHe

Quote Originally Posted by Bigm666 View Post
    Yes it is sad to see not much activity on RS LIBERTY... Sadly due to life and family circumstances my RS has been in storage a few years and is sad but that's life. I've finally been able to save some money and now looking at what exactly needs to be done to get the car back on the road.

My liberty is pretty stock really except for the 95 WRX engine and td05h.

It needs some TLC and will need to replace most of the bushes and rubbers under the car plus the clutch issue looks like I'll need to replace the slave and master as well, the RS is well overdue for some maintenance.

I miss driving it through the Adelaide hills I know I'll have to fork out some $$$ to get her back to roadworthy standard and safe.
    But it is an amazing car lots of fun; I was thinking about upgrading to a GC8 WRX but then I felt they are wayyy too common unlike the RS.
    You'll be surprised at probably how little is required to bring it up to spec! Mine was used by me as a daily drive, then my old man, then it sat around for a couple of years, then i missed it, so i brought it my place replaced a bush/drive shaft/full service/health check/bleed everything, went in for an RWC needed a new clutch pedal rubber pad and that was it, now on club plates and yeah pretty much mechanically stock now haha - I enjoy driving it and i do get quite a few thumbs up and people asking about it!
    Daily: legs to home office
    Daliy/Weekend/doggy carrier: MY17 Skoda Octavia RS230 wagon
    Clubbed: 92 RS turbo sedan
    Track: 1995 STI Type RA
    WIP/rescue: 1996 AUDM WRX sedan

^ this.

Can’t wait to have mine going. Got a few hurdles to jump first

Cheers

Bennie

n00b

Quote Originally Posted by JoshG View Post
    You'll be surprised at probably how little is required to bring it up to spec! Mine was used by me as a daily drive, then my old man, then it sat around for a couple of years, then i missed it, so i brought it my place replaced a bush/drive shaft/full service/health check/bleed everything, went in for an RWC needed a new clutch pedal rubber pad and that was it, now on club plates and yeah pretty much mechanically stock now haha - I enjoy driving it and i do get quite a few thumbs up and people asking about it!
    Well I had my car inspected before it went into storage and pretty much all the bushes need replacing under the car.
    Will obviously need to change all the oils and empty the old fuel and give it a good inspection again. I plan on spending money to get it back on the road, I miss the feeling of euphoria from driving the RS

n00b

Quote Originally Posted by El_Freddo View Post
    ^ this.

Canít wait to have mine going. Got a few hurdles to jump first

Cheers

Bennie
    What's needed to be done on yours mate?

Well I had my car inspected before it went into storage and pretty much all the bushes need replacing under the car.
    Will obviously need to change all the oils and empty the old fuel and give it a good inspection again. I plan on spending money to get it back on the road, I miss the feeling of euphoria from driving the RS
    Good luck! reach out if you need help
    Daily: legs to home office
    Daliy/Weekend/doggy carrier: MY17 Skoda Octavia RS230 wagon
    Clubbed: 92 RS turbo sedan
    Track: 1995 STI Type RA
    WIP/rescue: 1996 AUDM WRX sedan

n00b

Quote Originally Posted by JoshG View Post
    Good luck! reach out if you need help
    I will but I'm in SA

What's needed to be done on yours mate?
    What doesn’t need to be done?

No1 - sort an engine!
    Put the rear end back together, fix some rust then put the interior back in, then there’s a pile of little things. It’s a project. Build thread had a recent revival but it died again as work picked up and I got busy. It’ll get there.

Yours seems a lot easier since it’s currently in one piece needing maintenance ;)

Cheers

Bennie

n00b

What doesnít need to be done?

No1 - sort an engine!
    Put the rear end back together, fix some rust then put the interior back in, then thereís a pile of little things. Itís a project. Build thread had a recent revival but it died again as work picked up and I got busy. Itíll get there.

Yours seems a lot easier since itís currently in one piece needing maintenance ;)

Cheers

Bennie
    Well yes mine has been sitting though for a few years hopefully the paint is okay and no rust over the years being outside.

From memory I need to replace like every Bush and rubber under the car.
    Need someone to look at the wiring situation and bleed the clutch or replace slave and master, might even get a new clutch while I'm there.

Need someone to look at the wiring situation and bleed the clutch or replace slave and master, might even get a new clutch while I'm there.
    What’s up with the wiring?

And if you want a new clutch in there it’s engine or gearbox out. I pull the gearbox these days as I reckon it’s easier (I use a motorbike jack to help lower and raise the gearbox).

Cheers

Bennie

n00b

Well I got the car it already had the ej20G put in it, I was told he used a front cut and all that stuff out into he RS, a few times the car would not turn over so racv came out and said needed new fuses under the steering wheel and he did say the wiring is a mess? I think the previous owner may have done the transplant himself...

Well I'm not too fussed I guess if I replace master and slave and brand new fluid it should make the clutch like new???

My memory is a bit fuzzy but I think it may have had STI shocks or springs red or pink? On front.

It has a strut brace but everything else factory tmic, factory td05h, 3 inch TBE, sunroof etc

So I think it's worthy of spending some money on it....

One job at a time. Then the next and the next. Next thing you know we are having a bar meal as part of our cruze at Border Town.

n00b

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
    One job at a time. Then the next and the next. Next thing you know we are having a bar meal as part of our cruze at Border Town.
    Well yes I'm excited I just never really got a chance to check everything over before it went into storage I assume everything is stock RS gearbox etc except the engine being ej20G

For a stock standard car it was fast and handled amazingly through the Adelaide hills.

I heard td05h 16g WRX turbo are pretty good and capable of decent power

The EJ20G is the stock engine designation. The original EJ20G was closed deck block with two bolt coil pack heads with HLAs. What you have now will be an EJ20G open deck block with bucket over valve cam followers.

The VF22 was the stock turbo, TD05H the stock turbo for the early WRX. So you have basically an early wrx stock engine setup. I don’t see any value in going with the WRX engine management mod but I’m not all up with wiring differences that make it worth the effort of changing the wiring.

Cheers

Bennie

n00b

The EJ20G is the stock engine designation. The original EJ20G was closed deck block with two bolt coil pack heads with HLAs. What you have now will be an EJ20G open deck block with bucket over valve cam followers.

The VF22 was the stock turbo, TD05H the stock turbo for the early WRX. So you have basically an early wrx stock engine setup. I donít see any value in going with the WRX engine management mod but Iím not all up with wiring differences that make it worth the effort of changing the wiring.

Cheers

Bennie
    Sorry I'm confused I thought mine was the early WRX setup like 1995 isn't that the earliest ej20G? Or you mean the RS engine was also ej20G?

Can you tell me is the WRX engine setup better and more potential I'm hoping to get around 200AWKW eventually if it's possible on my stock setup?

The car was running fine but I was going to install the STI RA ECU at some point...

Your not going to get 200kw with a tdo5h-16g. However 180kw is posible and trust me that's fast.

Edit. 380cc grey top injectors get iffy over 15psi/160kw. Drive it stock and be happy or be like me and end up infected with mods disease. It's fun but is $$$costy$$$. Lol

n00b

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
    Your not going to get 200kw with a tdo5h-16g. However 180kw is posible and trust me that's fast.

Edit. 380cc grey top injectors get iffy over 15psi/160kw. Drive it stock and be happy or be like me and end up infected with mods disease. It's fun but is $$$costy$$$. Lol
    Okay can you give me an idea of the best power I can get ? 180awkw? How exactly should I do that upgrade injectors?

Thnx

Getting there

try ver 3 injectors they fit into the RS rails, they are yellow but have a long pissel and only 1 out let, all other yellow( 99/00 shorter pissel and 4 injector holes) side feed dont fit the early rail. up the fuel pressure, by using an after market fuel reg. at least 45psi//
    1992 white RS Liberty
    STI DCCD spec 6 speed
    built by oversteer
    tuned by Sean

n00b

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    try ver 3 injectors they fit into the RS rails, they are yellow but have a long pissel and only 1 out let, all other yellow( 99/00 shorter pissel and 4 injector holes) side feed dont fit the early rail. up the fuel pressure, by using an after market fuel reg. at least 45psi//
    Yes I know I need to find the early 440s yellow?
    180 awkw sounds good to me

Getting there

180awkw is nothing to sneeze at!!
    you can never have to much KWs..
    1992 white RS Liberty
    STI DCCD spec 6 speed
    built by oversteer
    tuned by Sean

n00b

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    180awkw is nothing to sneeze at!!
    you can never have to much KWs..
    Yes I'm just thinking the best case scenario for my stock ej20G+td05h setup for now

Seems Covid lockdown was good for the forum... itís vey vey qwiet in hewre...

Bennie

Thread Information