Thread: SOHC EJ25 engine for sale.. was going to be used 4 aeroplane

Default SOHC EJ25 engine for sale.. was going to be used 4 aeroplane

Subaru EJ 25 boxer single over head cam 4 cylinder 2.5 liter normally aspirated (non turbo) engine. Originally purchased for $3580 last year to use in an experimental aeroplane, the engine was completely rebuilt as a zero time engine to original factory specifications including new bearings, piston and rings, water pump and full gasket kit etc... The rebuild has an additional approx $4000 invested in it (with receipts) giving the engine a value of over $7500. The cams were sent to the USA for regrinding by Delta Camshaft to raise the standard 165 horsepower to its current 190 horsepower. The engine has had some minor modifications in the way of a couple of new mounting holes milled (professionally) that do not effect the engine from its original performance.The engine is still in plastic wrap as returned from Engine Action (who are the contractors for all engine rebuilds for the largest car dealer in the southern hemisphere, Subaru Docklands ). The original harness and computer is included along with the alternator, exhaust headders and comptete intake manifold. The engine is for auction and will be sold to the highest bidder. National and international freight is at your expense and is your resposability to organise. I can have the engine delivered to a freight depot with in the Melbourne reigon only at my expense. The engine would suit a performance car, dune buggy, large hovercraft, experimental aeroplane, Kinney HRH helicopter or RAF style gyrocopter. The reluctant sale is due to the engine not being suitable for the particular application (another more suitable engine has since been purchased and i need to sell this to pay for the new one).
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....66389&rd=1
    Cooler than a smokin'-a$$ monkey in a meat chair

oooh gyrocopter!
    1. shred the nar

owning it. (snowboarding, surfing, skating) the word "nar" is a bastardization of the classic adjective used to define something as cool (gnarly).

Large member

Subaru engines have been used as airplane engines for years.

It is so hard to find an EA81 dual port engine (like the one in my rally car) because the plane guys snap them up.

Hopefully they shift to EJ22s
    "Well, sure, he can talk. But is he really saying anything? No, not really"

Thread Information