Thread: Attn: ALL MEMBERS - Please read...

Super Moderator BIG POSTER markmcrs's Avatar

Default Attn: ALL MEMBERS - Please read...

Hello all,

Lately I've noticed more and more people failing to follow some forum rules.
    So this is an attempt to sort a few things out in a way that dosen't single people out (too much).

Rules applying to For sale and wanted section;
    1) Everyone really should be aware that any threads in this section of the forum should not be discussion threads.
    People should ONLY be posting IF they are GENUINELY INTERESTED in buying something that's for sale or have a part that someone needs in the wanted section.

2) EVERY item put up for sale MUST HAVE A PRICE LISTED with it.

3) There is no place for opinions/commentry - Things like
    *Good luck with the sale
    * Wish I had the money money for this
    * That's too much for that/your dreaming
    Have no place in these threads
    A perfect example is most FS or Wanted threads by steve83 - they all turn into discussion thread, usually by the same offenders...
    You can think someone is mad/stupid/crazy/dumb or whatever, but it is THEIR choice to do what THEY want.
    If you feel so strongly about something - PM THEM!

Another thing is E-Bay or any auction site links - They're not allowed in ANY SECTION OF THE FORUM.
    Now we're not complete Nazi's here, sometimes there's something funny or rediculous or extremely unlikely to sell that you may wish to bring to people's attention/ discuss.

We (Admin/mods) have been letting a fair bit slide of late, but the rules will be enforced a little more strictly from now on.
    So this is mainly to forewarn people so that no one gets all upset when posts get deleted.

Happy to hear any constructive/intellegent comments or complaints on anything I've written.

Mark.
    11.68 @ 120.55 MPH
    Heathcote (Vic) Nov '07

So Mark, are my boostcruising / stupid RS ads allowed in general or off topic?

Cheers

Darko
    It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

The Professor BIG POSTER Billsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markmcrs

Another thing is E-Bay or any auction site links - They're not allowed in ANY SECTION OF THE FORUM.
    Now we're not complete Nazi's here, sometimes there's something funny or rediculous or extremely unlikely to sell that you may wish to bring to people's attention/ discuss.

Mark.
    better listen up yall, mark likes buying everything cheap

but what if its your own add?
    Having a fast FWD is like coming out of the closet. Sure you will surprise some people but in the end, everyone knows you're gay.

in the forsale section can we attest to a product if we have/are using it? To help give an insight to other members that might just be not to sure on a certain product?
    Quote Originally Posted by dja
    Every accomplishment i have ever had is due, 100% to Josh.

Mark, could I ask why no eBay ads? (not that I post them).

Just wondering, because sometimes people post links to very good deals that are going at the moment (for example those 08 WRX gear knobs that were going for like $50).

Is it because you don't want this place turning into something that people just use to tunnel traffic to their eBay ad?

because if you find something on ebay and are going to bid, you dont want another sh!tload of people knowing about it to push the bids higher.

if you want something, its up to you to find it.
    only excuse could be in a wanted thread if someone finds something specific that someones after, but even then it should be a PM to give them the best shot at it.
    Having a fast FWD is like coming out of the closet. Sure you will surprise some people but in the end, everyone knows you're gay.

sorry don't want to be a twat but is this what happened to Shauno his version 3 Sti cams and about 4 pages of critcism on his attitude towards R.S. drivers/owners and ours towards him (inc my own) and moderators?????
    Daily: my06 Liberty 3.0R Spec B wagon..... Family wags
    Toy: My92 Cherry Black JDM Legacy RS Turbo Sedan. far from stock
    The other toy: 1969 Datsun 1600 FJ20et with Twin Webers.
    Sold: My02 Bug Eye WRX
    Sold: My03 Liberty B4

he started acting like a twat, thats what started it.

Super Moderator BIG POSTER markmcrs's Avatar

Darko - not sure what you mean mate?

4ce full - if someone is interested in a for sale item and as part of wanting to make sure they are buying the right thing for their needs and they ask a genuine question re that product then anyone can post an intellegent response.
    It's all commonsense basically - the idea is to eliminate the useless dribble that seems to be creeping more and more into FS threads .

ballistix - there is more than one reason for the E-Bay stance.
    One reason is in your post, an item may be a 'bargain' when you link it, but that goes to sh1t pretty quickly when hundreds of people are exposedto it.
    We all know E-bay and other auction sites are there, everyone has the opportunity to bid and buy stuff.
    Another reason is promotion of e-bay auction(s) for self benefit - just the other day the simpleton otherwise know as ultimatebodykits linked to a 'Liberty for sale" that he thought was a good buy...
    He kind of forgot to mention it was his car for some reason.

Another reason is everyone could just put there for sale items on e-bay, link it to the site and there'd be nothing for sale with an asking price - this is guaranteed to create sh1t fights.
    This equals what you said;
    Is it because you don't want this place turning into something that people just use to tunnel traffic to their eBay ad?

and so on and so on - thus it has to be a blanket ban (goes towards answering billsy's question).
    11.68 @ 120.55 MPH
    Heathcote (Vic) Nov '07

Its a rule and has always been a rule.... don't do it. Simple.

If for some reason you require feedback/detail/history on a vehicle for auction, please use the General section.
    If you require feedback (legit check) on an ebay member, please use the General section and include the ebay members username only.

Moderator BIG POSTER

So I guess a good way of still stimulating discussion etc etc IF you have an opinion or a question on a particular item for sale, would be a post in general like

Hi there, I'm considering purchasing <link to fs item> and wondering who else uses this, if you guys have any feedback on it.

The knowledge of (most) of the members on this site is the one of the key factors that make this place (IMO) not just another subaru forum.

What about the situation where potential_buyer123 posts up saying "hey will this fit my 200kw NA GX" . It's often the case that someone with that knowledge will be on the forum before the seller (unless the seller is Marv). Or if theres a potentially dodgy sale.

I think theres a lot of sh1t that goes on in FS (like the above), but the rules as stated may be a little broad.
    Quote Originally Posted by dja
    im not a doctor
    Mr. Miyagi didn't teach the Karate Kid to believe in himself. He taught him how to kick people in the fucking head.

Quote Originally Posted by yods
    So I guess a good way of still stimulating discussion etc etc IF you have an opinion or a question on a particular item for sale, would be a post in general like

Hi there, I'm considering purchasing <link to fs item> and wondering who else uses this, if you guys have any feedback on it.

The knowledge of (most) of the members on this site is the one of the key factors that make this place (IMO) not just another subaru forum.
    I agree with yods. Its really helpful being able to ask questions like this, it saves people like me with less knowlege; time and cash. Because i know within a few mins/hours someone would have glady delivered some feedback and answers.

Quote Originally Posted by bosc0
    Its a rule and has always been a rule.... don't do it. Simple.

If for some reason you require feedback/detail/history on a vehicle for auction, please use the General section.
    If you require feedback (legit check) on an ebay member, please use the General section and include the ebay members username only.

What i mean is that i often trawl through boostcruising and often find 300kw monster RS's with GX gearboxes and LX brakes, so i link it here and gather thoughts.

Its always in general or off topic, but thought i'd ask!

Darko - not sure what you mean mate?

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

Rules applying to For sale and wanted section;
    1) Everyone really should be aware that any threads in this section of the forum should not be discussion threads.
    People should ONLY be posting IF they are GENUINELY INTERESTED in buying something that's for sale or have a part that someone needs in the wanted section.
    agreed there is no need for that at all

bryan
    The wife's car: 2000 Gen3 2.5RX Sedan Luxury Comfort!!

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 3.0ltr TD Dual Cab

Trusted Traders:RS 25 WA, Claydog, 90Legacy,05UBE, RSTurbo dlc, Skippy, Al [RSLC], 2CRUIS, danny40,SubbyRS, kezza

89 RS TURBO WAGON Conversion 2" lift 27" tyres on 16's DUAL Range $100 ebay bullbar! The best of both worlds!! SOLD

Still Miss the RX turbo

Rules are meant to be broken, changed and updated.....

Ebay links have always been here - it's just getting enforced and censored more IMO
    92 Liberty RS 166kw (LONG gone) 60.7 QR Sprint (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1wj8e9Xr-M)

02 WRX STI, 198kw, FZ201, DMS 50mm, eflex
    59.14 QR Sprint (damp/new surface) 61.76 QR Clubman (perfect day)
    Lakeside Park Raceway 59.43 FZ201 / 60.5 federal rs-r / 59.13 Hankook RS-3
    41.65 Morgan Park B circuit/ 1:26.588 Morgan Park K Circuit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IrhY...s11bfkpWZi2jjw)

Wicked thread dig
    brings back memories of old too

Thread Information