Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forcky's 93 RS wags

Advanced n00b

Nice!! Love the twist mount and reversed intake setup.
    I am keen to see it going now! ;) Let us know when you get it going and we can organize a cruise or something

Advanced n00b

More updates:
    Now have the Kinguawa TD05-18G, Electronic boost controller and a manual boost gauge.
    After putting the gauge in a noticed that my car actually didn't hold boost up in the high RPM, tried manual boost controller and changing the boost lines around but still the same issue.
    Yesterday was a dyno day at my local (and only AWD dyno in the south of the state) dyno so I thought I would chuck it on to see how it went and result is below. I think it speaks for itself really. I just don't make any power after 100km/h which is around 4750rpm

That's a lotta torque

Advanced n00b

Yeah I was pretty happy with that! If only it held it instead of dropping off so bad

Leaky bov?

Advanced n00b

Nah I have a HKS Sequential thingy. I am pretty sure it isn't a leak anywhere, more like a restriction somewhere. going to play around with inter cooler piping and air intake when I get some time, my tuner said it is most likely a restriction in the shitty 2" intake on the standard RS air intakes. I will update when I find out what it is

Advanced n00b

Well I found my issue! The intake pipe into the turbo was too small. Took it off, ran the AFM directly off a elbow from the turbo and pulled this on the dyno the first run at around 21psi.
    She still have tones left in her, just got to get a new intake pipe made up and get these extractors on

Advanced n00b

Bit of an update of what has happened in the last month or so.
    I got it dynoed at made 201kw with the new intake at around 19psi. Pretty happy with that.
    Then I got the extractors and up pipe heat wrapped and installed with my external gate. Having some issues keeping the boost down but should be sorted in the next few days.
    And installed some yellowspeed coilovers finally! Got them cheap off a mate and installed them yesterday.

Advanced n00b

Edit - double post

Advanced n00b

It has been a long time between posts but I am still here!
    Just been saving up some money and enjoying everything the RS has to offer as my daily.

But then one late night doing a run of the mountain suddenly I lost all power, a huge backfire and then nothing. Wouldn't start, looked like a spark or fuel issue but at 1am without tools we didn't have much chance to find what was wrong. RACT came and towed me to the mechanics.

After a couple of weeks (they were super busy) we narrowed it down to a dead ECU. Great. I have been eyeing off a haltech for a long time and after talking to my tuner I ordered a Haltech elite.

Skip ahead 3 weeks of wiring nightmares, software and firmware updates and the car still wouldn't start. It was not reading RPM and we couldn't work out why (already replaced cam + crank sensors) so we pulled the timing cover off and that is when we found out what really happened...

Looks like some of the bolts fell out of the timing belt cover, fell in between the timing belt and the cover and almost cut the timing belt in half length ways. Both intake cams were 3 teeth out, one exhaust was 5 teeth out and the other 1 tooth out. Lucky no valves met pistons and a new timing belt with the PowerFC is now running! So swapping back to the haltech to see if we can get that setup.

Photos to come soon!
    Last edited by Forcky; 24th February 2015 at 05:17 PM. Reason: words

Quote Originally Posted by Forcky View Post

Looks like some of the bolts fell out of the timing belt cover, fell in between the timing belt and the cover and almost cut the timing belt in half length ways. Both intake cams were 3 teeth out, one exhaust was 5 teeth out and the other 1 tooth out. Lucky no valves met pistons and a new timing belt with the PowerFC is now running! So swapping back to the haltech to see if we can get that setup.

Photos to come soon!
    Man that is near death experience! Gotta have some good luck at least some of the time. Good excuse to get the power FC anyway ;)

Advanced n00b

It has been a while but pics as promised:

Very lucky mate! how's the old girl running now?
    Daily: legs to home office
    Daliy/Weekend/doggy carrier: MY17 Skoda Octavia RS230 wagon
    Clubbed: 92 RS turbo sedan
    Track: 1995 STI Type RA
    WIP/rescue: 1996 AUDM WRX sedan

Advanced n00b

Ha, well, it still isn't running actually. After about 20 calls back and forth over the last 4 weeks between myself and haltech we are slowly getting through all the issues. It is tuned and runs but only starts 1 out of 10 times when its cold. Something to do with the triggering but they are on it.

When it does start it runs mint!

Whoa! That's crazy mate! Good to hear everything but the belt survived

Advanced n00b

Car is finally running and runs awesome! Haltech is in plus I put some ProjectMu HC800 pads in it and it pulls up way better now.

2 Quick videos while we were setting up launch control last night. The RPM target is still set a bit low and bogs down a bit on launch in both videos.

From outside the car:

Advanced n00b

From in the car:

Say goodbye to your turbo.

I had to have my recored after using the haltech launch control on mine. There were chunks missing from the turbine wheel...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty
    melted butter and a stack hat??? Not again - i'm still sore

Advanced n00b

Quote Originally Posted by BJM View Post
    Say goodbye to your turbo.

I had to have my recored after using the haltech launch control on mine. There were chunks missing from the turbine wheel...
    What turbo were you using? And after how many launches did it die? Seems weird for launch control to take chunks out, unless it melted it?

Thread Information